Wisconsin Repossession Laws – State & Local Collateral Recovery Legal Requirements
As reported by the American Recovery Association, Inc. (ARA).
Wisconsin Equipment Repossession Laws
TITLE STATE: Yes
SECURITY INTERESTS: Shown on title held by debtor.
LICENSE REGISTRATION: Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles, 4802 Sheboygan Avenue, Madison, Wisconsin 53705. Tel: (608) 266-1466.
RECOVERY REQUIREMENT: Wisconsin Repossessions allowed with Replevin Judgements, Voluntary Surrenders, or under Wisconsin Act 255, which outlines specific cure requirements. For assistance, please contact an ARA member listed below.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR LIQUIDATION: Title, Repossession Affidavit, and Copy of Contract.
PLATES: Remain with debtor.
Constitution and Legislation
- Constitution (Folio Database) | Alternate Site
- Statutes (Folio Database)
- Pending Bills and Other Legislative Information
- Directory Information – Senate | Assembly
- Supreme Court (July 1995 – present) | Alternate Site (Oct. 1995 – present)
- Court of Appeals (June 1995 – present) | Alternate Site (Jan. 1995- present)
- Wisconsin Court System Rules (Searchable)
- The Judiciary: Background | Directory Information
Regulations and Other Agency Material
Additional State Legal Resources
- Wisconsin Secretary of State
- LII American Legal Ethics Library
- State Bar Association Home Page
- State Govt. Home Page
- Attorney General Site; opinions of the Attorney General
- State Law Library
- University of Wisconsin Law Library
If you need any type of equipment repossessed, in any quantity, we can help with our one stop repossession service. From initial repossession to the final remarketing of your equipment, we do it all. Simply fill out our short FREE QUOTE form, or give us a call. 1.855.336.4463
About This Site.We are dedicated to providing the Collateral Recovery, Debt Collection, and Equipment Leasing and Finance communities with a steady flow of up-to-date news, stories, and free resources. The site is published by Richard Henderson, President of EquipmentEngine, LLC. Mr. Henderson is an equipment finance industry veteran with a vision to transform the portfolio services and repossession industries.
In addition to providing national repossession services, EquipmentEngine, LLC is also a Wisconsin Repossession Company (Wisconsin Repo Company) EquipmentEngine leverages Six Sigma processes, 21st century technology, and over 200 storage facilities across the country to deliver cost effective and consistent equipment management services for our clients. EquipmentEngine is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH.