Missouri Repossession Company State & Local Collateral Recovery Legal Requirements
As reported by the American Recovery Association, Inc. (ARA).
Missouri Repossession Laws
TITLE STATE: 1975 and subsequent years.
SECURITY INTERESTS: Shown on title held by owner of the collateral.
LICENSE REGISTRATION: Missouri Motor Vehicle, 301 W. High St., Jefferson City, Missouri 65105. Tel: (573) 751-4509.
RECOVERY REQUIREMENT: After Twenty Day Right To Cure Letter from lienholder to debtor, Missouri repossession allowed without committing a breach of the peace.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR LIQUIDATION: Affidavit of Repossession, Application for Missouri Title.
PLATES: Remain with the debtor.
Constitution and Legislation
- Pending Bills and Other Legislative Information: Senate | House |Alternate Site (Searchable)
- Directory Information – The Legislature: Senate | House
- Supreme Court (March 1997 – present)
- Court of Appeals (May 1997 – present)
- Court Rules
- The Judiciary: Background | Directory Information (Supreme Court | Court of Appeals)
Regulations and Other Agency Material
Additional State Equipment Recovery Legal Resources
- Missouri Secretary of State
- LII American Legal Ethics Library
- The Missouri Bar
- State Govt. Home Page
- Attorney General’s Office
- University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law Library
About This Site.We are dedicated to providing the Collateral Recovery, Debt Collection, and Equipment Leasing and Finance communities with a steady flow of up-to-date news, stories, and free resources. The site is published by Richard Henderson, President of EquipmentEngine, LLC. Mr. Henderson is an equipment finance industry veteran with a vision to transform the portfolio services and repossession industries.
In addition to providing national repossession services, EquipmentEngine, LLC is also a Missouri Repossession Company (Missouri Repo Company). EquipmentEngine leverages Six Sigma processes, 21st century technology, and over 200 storage facilities across the country to deliver cost effective and consistent equipment management services for our clients. EquipmentEngine is headquartered in Portsmouth, NH.